Thursday, March 20, 2014

My 5 Fat Files

I was reading one of my books by Elizabeth George (either A Woman After God's Own Heart, or A Woman's High Calling - can't remember which one), and she noted a really interested idea.

The idea was to create 5 fat files on topics you want to study by using the bible - God's word, through prayer, church, sermons, podcasts, books...or whatever. You basically try to learn and study everything you can on these 5 topics so that you almost become an expert in these areas with enough information to fill a book!

So I decided to pray about what my 5 fat files would be, and this is what I'm come up with so far:

1. Being a Godly Woman, Wife, and Mother
2. Parenting and Raising Godly Children
3. Healing & Faith
4. Anxiety
5. ??? TBD...

It's interesting how much more fascinating your quiet time digging into God's word can be when you are able to focus in with a purpose, instead of just reading to read. 

I feel like so often I hear people talk about their reading plan so that they can read the bible in a year, and yet we forget that we really should be studying God's word, not just reading it. It's so much more fulfilling, and almost as if a whole other world is being opened to us when you truly seek after Him with our whole hearts. 

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." ~James 1:5

So, what would you want your 5 fat files to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment