Saturday, September 28, 2013

My First Flea Market Flip!


This was my first ever flea market flip!

Check out the before:


I got this chest from a local barn (sort of flea market-y place) for $15 - talked down from $20. I had a vision in mind of what I wanted to do with it and set out on getting it done!

I'm so thankful for such a handy husband! Hubby has always been into woodworking, so I knew that I wanted something for Jase that would be kind of "like father, like son" and do a toy chest that would be unique and practical to fit that goal. So AJ did some trim around a cork/peg board where we hung the toy tools, and we painted with a high gloss paint. For the seat cover, since I can't sew a lick, I micro-managed (haha!) my grandmother, while faithfully cheering her on...as she sewed me up the perfect seat cushion cover with tools and a peg board on it to match the toy box.

It came out fabulous and I couldn't be any more pleased! Thanks to my husband, Mother-in-law, and grandmother for all of their help in getting done my first flea market flip!

No comments:

Post a Comment